- Union environment ministry favored an alternative proposal to build it on an island on which airport will be built.
- The Dutch model of creating the island and building the airport on it would cut costs by half, including the value of the land to be compensated, relief and rehabilitation package.
- The talks with the local villagers over acquisition of 671 hectares of land had ground to a standstill in recent weeks.
- As villagers upped the ante on recently, the new model of building the airport on island can be a win-win situation.
- An Airport at Panvel makes no sense (thekalyan.com)
- CIDCO steps up efforts for Navi Mumbai airport project (rediff.com)