No wonder education should be a basic need after ‘roti kapda aur makaan’. It is a simple logic that ones investment in Education is his/hers beautiful future, the countries future.
More than fifty percent of our countries population is below the age of 25 and soon one fifth of the worlds working age population will be in our country. As per Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) in New Delhi, in few years, one in four graduates in the world might come out of Indian colleges, with 20 Indian universities already among the global top 200.
The Industry and services sectors in India would require a gross incremental workforce of 250 million by 2030, which means the Indian education sector needs to gear up.
With these stats, it is evident that India has a huge potential to overcome many of the economic problems, grow into a developed country soon with youth performing well. Education is the foundation for this.
However we have to overcome few challenges
- Research and innovation in technology is one of the outputs from a good education. Why? – Apple products are manufactured in China, but US gets the benefits, Reason – Technology is owned by US.
- Not to compare our competencies with other countries, but the India’s research output as global share of scientific publications was a nearly 3.7 percent in 2012 whereas China’s share was 21 percent in 2007. The patents contributed by India are also less than 0.5%.
- Unawareness of importance of education, the static old fashioned education systems are some of the major challenges, major chunk of children as child labour
- Foreign Participation: Exchange of students and faculty in higher education. Collaborations between foreign and Indian educational institutions
- Creating centers of excellence in various institutes and governed properly.
- Improving the sector of Faculty members -Teachers, Professors. The education should be “Value Oriented”. That comes only from a ‘valued’ teaches
Well most of the above three resolutions are already started implanted by our government; the focus should not be diverted.
- Latest trends in education space (edutrends100.wordpress.com)
- Can India Become The World’s Talent Pool? (http://www.businessworld.in)